Sell Side Process
Canec has a proven track record of helping clients identify the right international and domestic buyers in the Americas, Europe and emerging markets.
Our clients get a better chance to realize a premium value for their company. Our process includes:
- Establishing the right targeting rationale, and developing a list of potential overseas and domestic buyers.
- Drafting and distributing a compelling Confidential Information Memorandum that includes your company’s history, ownership structure, customers, suppliers, competition, products, technologies and financials to generate interest among potential buyers.
- Producing and sending teasers, Non-Disclosure Agreements and process letters.
- Assisting with management presentations and facility tours for prospective buyers.
- Guiding clients through the valuation and negotiation phase, the structuring of a potential deal, leading to the acceptance of a formal offer, or Letter of Intent.
- Anticipating potential issues by staying in close touch with the buyers and finding solutions.
- Helping prepare a well organized data room to minimize disruptions during due diligence
- Coordinating the involvement of your other technical experts (lawyers, accountants, bankers, etc.).
- Facilitating the closing of the transaction.
"We would like to highly recommend CANEC International as an advisor to run the process of a corporate divestiture. With its in-depth knowledge of the automotive and plastics industries as well as its transatlantic positioning, CANEC’s team was able to do a great job in attracting European and North American buyers, both strategic and financial players. Furthermore, thanks to a well written information memorandum, a smooth coordination of management presentations, data room and due diligence, they were able to create the sort of “deal tension” that eventually allowed us to finalize our transaction."
Fenway Group SA